In another post, I spoke about why it is so important to take care of No1. Here is a list of easy everyday things you can do to help take care of your body and mind today. Some of these things may not be for you, that’s okay. Do what makes you happy, not what society pushes on you. These are just my personal suggestions. If you have any more to add, feel free to comment below!
1. Get outside – make an effort to breathe in some fresh air at least once a day
2. Pay it forward – try volunteering for a charity. This is incredibly rewarding.
3. Give yourself a lavender oil massage – lavender is very relaxing. I often put a drop on my pillow at night. ZZzzz!
4. Be mindful – focus on the present moment, look up and around you, take everything in.
5. Meditate – not for everyone, but you might wanna try it!
6. Smile and laugh out loud – science backs up that this can make you happier instantly!
7. Spend some time alone – read my solitude post here
8. Disconnect from your gadgets and unwind – try giving yourself 30 minutes of no gadgets every night before bed
9. Learn something new – this can boost your confidence and self-esteem
10. Do crosswords & sudokus – keep your brain sharp!
11. Have sex – because we needed another reason to
12. Eat more fruit and veg – simple
13. Get enough sleep – if you’re having trouble getting to sleep, try the 4-7-8 breathing technique. Breath in through your nose for 4 seconds, hold your breath for 7 seconds and breathe out through your mouth creating a loud ‘whooshing sound’ for 8 seconds. Repeat.
14. Try yoga – if you’re like me and don’t like classes, try it at home with some YouTube videos
15. Learn to say no – you don’t have to do everything, just relax
17. Stick affirmations on your bathroom mirror – encourage, motivate and congratulate yourself
18. Count your blessings – list on paper everything you are grateful for
19. Ask for help – take some burden off yourself
20. Declutter your living space – this can reduce stress levels